Giving Back in a Meaningful Way
St. Joseph Hospital's dedicated volunteers play a vital role in helping us deliver compassionate and excellent care to our patients. They also help support visitors and staff. Volunteering at St. Joseph Hospital is a great way to give back to, and make a positive impact on, your community.
Adults and teenagers (at least 15 years-old by January 1) can donate their time and their talents to help our patients, staff and visitors. Opportunities include:
- Patient conversations and interaction
- Escorts to operating room
- Pet therapy companions
- Special event help
- Simple clerical and organizational duties
- Positive attitude
- Desire to serve
- Dedication to high quality customer service
- Commitment to patient care—minimum of four hours per week or 50 hours per season
- Applicants must be at least 15 years of age
- Must pass the health requirements
- Must be background checked and cleared
Volunteer for Our Pet Therapy Program
St. Joseph Hospital's successful pet therapy program brings our therapy dogs to patients and staff. If you have a love for animals and patient interaction then this volunteer opportunity is a perfect fit for you.
Thank you for interest in volunteering at St. Joseph Hospital.
Please email Elizabeth.Schwind@chsli.org or call 516-579-6000 for more information on how to become a volunteer.